We are so sorry! Let's try to troubleshoot the issue.
To start off, please:
a) make sure the charging contacts are clean and dry and clean them if necessary (instructions for cleaning will be provided below)
b) make sure the pins of the charging cable are mobile (they go up and down when you slightly press them) and they are of the same height
c) check the fitting of the cable in the charging slot: if the latch on one end of the charging cable does not hold, and the cable falls out of the socket or twists, forming a gap, it may indicate to a defect in the cable; please let us know if this is the case
d) wiggle the connectors and the charging cable wire in different places and check if this affects the charging process
e) if the device does not turn on, please check if there are any other signs of activity, such as:
- heart rate sensor LEDs are flashing
- “snow” or scraps of images appear on the display
f) try charging the band from different power sources (computer USB port, AC adapter, power bank, etc.)
Please email us at email@example.com and let us know if any of the above applies to your situation.
Instructions for cleaning the charging contacts. For cleaning, please use surfactant dishwashing liquid or liquid soap.
- Dip a cotton swab into a small amount of liquid
Clean the electrodes, the optical sensor and the contacts of the charging socket (the liquid may start foaming, which is ok)
Please avoid letting the foam get on the display, as it is covered with an oleophobic coating, which can be damaged by surfactants.
- Rinse off the foam under running water while still rubbing the contacts with a cotton swab
- Rinse the contacts again under running water without using the cotton swab this time
- Dry the band with a tissue and remove moisture from the charging contacts by using a dry cotton swab
Please avoid washing the charging cable contacts under running water, as they are not waterproof. To clean them, use a cotton swab dipped in alcohol.
If the above recommendations don't help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further troubleshooting. When emailing, please clarify, which one of the below better describes the problem:
a) the device is new, I have not used it yet, and it does not react in any way to connecting it to the charger
b) the device was charging normally before, but at some point it was completely discharged and stopped responding to connecting it to the charger
c) the band is turned on, but there are issues during charging. When connected to the charger:
- the charging indicator appears, but then disappears in a while (for example, when I move the cable or without any apparent reason)
- the charging indicator is on, but the battery level does not go up
- the charging indicator does not appear
If possible, after a failed attempt to charge the device, please sync the band with the app and let us know the date and the time when the band was connected to the charger, but did not charge.
Also, please clarify how the problem started:
- the device is new and has never been turned on yet
- the charging issue was there from the very beginning
- at first the device was charging normally, the problem appeared after some time
Was there anything preceding the issue:
1) Did the device get wet (such as after swimming, showing with it, excessive sweating or working with water)?
2) Did the charging cable get wet or dirty?
3) Did you change the charging cable or the power source?
We look forward to hearing from you and will be happy to help!