Yes, you can use alcohol-based wipes to clean GoBe's strap, the optical sensor and the electrodes. However, we recommend using surfactant dishwashing liquid or liquid soap instead of alcohol-based wipes, as such cleaning has proved to be more effective.
It is also important to clean the contacts and the charging cable regularly, preferably before each charge and after physical activity to prevent the accumulation of residue.
You can use surfactant dishwashing liquid or liquid soap to clean the contacts of the charging socket:
- first, please charge the device by leaving it on the charger for minimum of 10 minutes
- dip a cotton swab into a small amount of liquid
- clean the contacts of the band and the charging cable ( the liquid may start foaming, which is ok)
- rinse the contacts with water while still rubbing them with a cotton swab
- give them a final rinse just with water without using the cotton swab
- dry the band with a towel or tissue and rub the contacts with a dry cotton swab this time
We don't recommend cleaning the contacts of the charging cable with soap and water, because they are not waterproof. Instead, please use a cotton swab dipped in alcohol to clean them.
GoBe3's display is covered with a protective oleophobic (oil-repellant) coating to repel oils and allow easy cleaning of the screen. Therefore, we recommend you only use soft cloth dipped in water to clean the band's screen. Do not use detergents containing alcohol or solvents, and do not wipe the screen with prepackaged wipes, because these products may contain alcohol which can remove the protective layer.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will be happy to help you!