The accuracy of calorie measurement technology has been validated at UC Davis (USA) and Guangzhou Red Cross Hospital (China) and is up to 89%*.
* where "accuracy" is 100% - %error
The study showed that GoBe can gather information about your metabolism with up to 89% accuracy compared to reference values when wearing the band all day long (22-23 hours a day) and keeping the band on during meals.
The accuracy of calculations depends also on a number of other factors, such as:
1. Profile Information: Make sure your personal profile information is correct. Do not forget to update information on your current weight if it changes.
2. Moisturizing Creams or Oils: Do not apply cream or oil to the skin underneath the sensor. It can interfere with the device’s readings.
3. Skin Imperfections: Scars, tattoos and substantial hair growth on the part of your wrist under the sensor can decrease the accuracy of the measurements.
4. Physiological State: After a sleepless night, a change in time zone, or in a state of heightened emotional stress, GoBe3’s accuracy may decrease.
5. Dietary Restrictions: GoBe3 is designed in compliance with the conditions of a healthy, nutritious diet. Fasting or severe dietary restrictions (i.e., a ketogenic diet) can affect the accuracy of the device.
6. Sports Nutrition: GoBe3 measures nutrients by estimating your blood glucose level. Therefore, sports nutrition (isolates, protein, etc) will only be reflected in the overall value of incoming calories, but will not be counted as nutrients.
7. Alcohol: GoBe3 recognizes calories from carbohydrates in alcoholic beverages (i.e., sugars in soda, juice, wine, beer, flavored liquor, etc.), but not calories in alcohol. When using GoBe3 to track your calorie intake, remember that the number of calories your body absorbs will be higher than GoBe3 reports.
8. Medical Conditions: GoBe3 is not recommended for people with medical conditions that affect the water-salt balance, cardiovascular function, or metabolic processes (i.e., diabetes, chronic hepatitis, hormonal disorders, circulatory failure, obesity, diseases that impair renal function, etc.)
9. Medication: Any medication that affects water-salt balance, cardiovascular function or metabolic processes can impact the accuracy of GoBe3.
10. Acute Illnesses: GoBe3 is not recommended for users with acute illnesses that raise body temperature above 37° C (98.6° F) or cause physical aches or pain.
11. Extreme Climates: Extreme cold, warmth, dryness or humidity (i.e., tropical or desert climates), or high atmospheric pressure (i.e., mountains) can impact the accuracy of your GoBe3.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com We will be happy to help you!